Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

SuperUser can't edit members' account details

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello.

After update JomSocial 4.3 to 4.4 I noticed that in frontend SuperUser can only edit members' profile information, but can't edit account details (email, password, realname).

Member's Profile page > About Me (tab) > Edit Profile (button) > Account details.

Before it was 2 tabs: "Edit profile" and "Edit account". But now is only "Edit profile".

Is it was planned?

If it will be back, can you please add ability for SuperUser to change usergroup in frontend?

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Use Joomla User manager for those?

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Before it was possible at frontend.

Member's Profile page > About Me (tab) > Edit Profile (button) > Account details.

Sorry for my English
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello, JS Team.

Can you please look at the issue? Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello. Can you please look at the issue? Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The user account details like username, name is direct with the database in Joomla. Username is Unique,
The only way is to edit directly from Joomla user manager.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello.
In JS 4.3 superuser can seen 2 tabs. Second tab "Account details" allowed him to change any user's realname, e-mail and password in frontend.

Now this tab is missed. So, administrators that doesn't know how joomla backend works, niw asking: "where I can find user's account details"?

Is it a bug? I didn't found anything about it in changelog.

Why does we need it?
JomSocial blocking system is not good for all. I want to block user, but want to keep his content and comment. So I just change his password and e-mail, so he newer can login in again. But some admins don't know anything about Joomla and backend. They used fronend.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Block user from community site always block him completely as it is like a spam.
in Joomla you can change the user/pass and email to so he cannot login, but who knows if s spammer posted too much how admin will find each post and delete.
Sorry, there is only Joomla user manager to disable the user. the username, email pass are from Joomla.
I discussed with the development team on this, its something that you can edit from Joomla or Jomsocial > Monitor > Member profile.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński