Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
Is it possible to allow free members to self-register?
JomSocial ActiveGURU ActivePublisher ActiveAdAgency ActiveiSEO ActiveSocialize Active
I am wondering if there is a way to allow free members to register their own account.
So far we've only allowed paid members and we manually process these accounts using PayPal. But we'd now like to open up a free membership level and allow self-registration. Is this is something JomSocial can do?
Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, that's the basic way registration is offered.
JomSocial follows Joomla! settings in Backend -> Users -> Manage -> Options (button upper right corner) -> Allow user registration.
This will enable registration button at JS frontpage.
If you want to offer free profiles along with some other paid - JomSocial Miltiple Profiles is a great feature to use. In Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Profiles -> Multiple Profiles you may create as many profiles you need. Set those paid to require approvals. With new JS 4.4 you may even set what certain profile owner could do in community ;)
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you