Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Navigation to a New developed Component not working in Greek language

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello guys,

i have developed a new component called com_ola that is displaying some infos from the database.
I have also created a new menu item in the backend and added to the JomSocial menu. I have also followed the instructions regarding bilingual site installation and based on that infos I have added constant values used by this menu item.

The navigation to that component is working when english language is selected but when greek language is selected not working. Also the name of the page is not displayed as title on the browsers window correcty as it is a constant value.

Kindly advise as well how to solve my issue.

Thank you and Best Regards

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have to add some infos:

The displayed menu item name is Team Figures/Εικόνα Ομάδας and the constant created is COM_COMMUNITY_TOOLBAR_TEAM_FIGURES added in the languages ini files. That menu is created for English language.

I have also created a menu item called "test" for both languages which is bound to my component. In this case navigation is working for both language but when greek language is selected menu items are not visible (the menu is vanished)

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Dmitris.

Thank you for contacting us.
Translation of menu item works fine.
Navigational issue to your extension do not apply to JomSocial and can't be covered by our support.
It could be something with your component routing.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński