Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Update Profile Vanity ID so ID isn't a part of the URL

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi there,
Currently our website uses sh404sef to give us nice URLs. I am wanted to remove this component and rely solely on Joomla's sef URLs but the URLs when viewing a users friends/photos/videos contain the users ID in the vanity URL by default. I've tried look through the documentation but haven't found a clena way to strip the ID.

At present if I disable the sh404sef component and use Joomla's SEF URLs the URLs will look something like:
www.domain.co.nz/1190-user/friends

What I am wanting is for the ID to be removed from the URL so it looks like:
www.domain.co.nz/user/friends

I understand each user can individually click on their profile page and edit their own vanity URL to strip the ID but I want to do this automatically.
I need to know:
1. Can I stop newly registered users from having this ID applied to their vanity URL? They shouldn't need to edit this.
2. For the previously existing users can I create a script and strip this directly from the DB? (From the testing I have done it looks like I can without issue) I just don't want to find out down the road this ID is actually used by something else.

Thanks

Attachments:
6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

1. you need hack the code, right now you can't the format URL because its coming from Joomla and Menu alias configuration, except you use 3rd party SEF component
2. this is possible by create custom code to generate it.. but this is beyond our support.. I suggest you hire 3rd party developer for it.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński