Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

What do i need to include to help user continue registration

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have looked around and cannot find a solution, so if anyone can direct me to a solution thanks in advance.

During registration if the user fills the standard fields and hits next, then stops with the registration ( maybe for ever or maybe to get a cup of tea) when they return they are unable to continue (which i understand why as i read this elsewhere) but they get an email (see below attached) that does not include any option to continue and leaves the user unable to re register or log in, so my question is

Is there an address line i can add to this email to allow them to continue, or is there a way i can adjust jomsocial to allow them access and fill in their details later?

I Hope this make sense

Thank you in advance for any help

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
Registration in JomSocial consists of two parts.
First part is obligatory Joomla! account creation. You can't do anything in Joomla! without that account.
So after first step, Joomla! account is created but not yet enabled.
In next steps you set JomSocial profile that is related with Joomla! account.
If user quits that process after first step - then Joomla! account is created... and email can't be used again.
In cases like that there is no option to continue registration in normal way.
You as an admin needs to delete Joomla! user account or enable it.
If you decide to enable it - user will be able to log in but all profile fields will be empty... but they can be filled in any time (if user want to continue using your site).

JomSocial is a Joomla! component so we could use only what Joomla! offers us. There is no other way.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński