Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Modify Cover image from a menu item or link?

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

We want to be able to add a "Modify Cover Image" menu item as a dropdown menu item on the Jomsocial toolbar, but can't. It doesn't exist as a menu option and seems only to exist as a javascript call on the Profile page (the ''gear'' button - see attached).

How can we call this functionality from a menu item or a clickable hyperlink? It's very hard for users to find that menu item where it is.

I saw this has been asked before but there was no resolution: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...e-profile-cover-item

Any idea how to do this?

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Louise.

Thank you for contacting us.
Simply - you can't :) This method of updating cover is intuitive (you change object where it is by clicking on it) and widely used in the web.
Having it iin a menu item means that you need another componet page to display it and change it. Why to multiply what already exist?
Okay, there is such a page for profile avatar, but it was created only as a backward compatibility for a non-browsers (or very old browsers). Now there is no need to do such a things.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Thanks for the update.

The reason I ask is that it is the number 1 problem reported by our users (i.e. "I've uploaded my avatar but I can't figure out how to change the cover image", etc) and it's taking up our time having to answer the same question again and again.

The other potential solution would be if that "gear" menu button could be added to the Hello Me module - that way the option would be much easier for users to find! Is that possible?

Many thanks.

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Louise.

No, I'm sorry. As I mentioned: you change object where it is by clicking on it. If icon appears on certain object it means you can change it. Having it on Hello me module may clash with main cover as both could be displayed in the same time.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński