Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Adding an email notice in the registration window

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I would like to add a notice "No Microsoft emails (msn/outlook/live/Hotmail) or are accepted" somewhere in the registration page - or maybe even pre-filled in the email box itself.
I've been looking everywhere for a place to insert this in a way that looks presentable.
Any ideas?

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You need to edit one file:
\components\com_community\templates\jomsocial\layouts\register\base.php
Line 55:
data-required="true" data-validation="email" data-verify="[name=jsemailconfirm]" >
make it look like:
data-required="true" data-validation="email" data-verify="[name=jsemailconfirm]" placeholder="No Microsoft emails (msn/outlook/live/Hotmail) or are accepted" >
Bear in mind that next JomSocial update might overwrite that file.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Yep I was looking at a way to do an override as this would look messy but its a good temporary measure I think. Microsoft are blocking all emails coming from dreamhost hosted sites

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You can always add another <span> element on line 52:
<span><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL'); ?> <span class="joms-required">*</span></span>
so it looks like:
<span><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL'); ?> <span class="joms-required">*<span class="email-warrining">No Microsoft emails (msn/outlook/live/Hotmail) or are accepted</span></span></span>
Another solution is to make language override for COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL to include more text but can brake visual integrity of that form. Maybe that will make some other string on other form messed up too.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hmm tried the live 55 code change but with no apparent effect on the registration page =(

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It works in my case of jomsocial default theme. If you use other theme then you need to find where to modify php.

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks for the info!
The screenshot is with the line 55 hack?
That is very weird as im using the default jomsocial profile... something strange is afoot!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński