Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Avatar and Header/Cover images not showing at top of stream any more!

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi!

For some reason, the avatar and header/cover/banner image are no longer showing above the JS Menu on the stream and profile pages (they were working fine a week or so ago). Nothing has been changed in the configuration of the site or on the server, and JS has been updated to the latest version earlier today (which made no difference).

I can't see any setting or variable that might be able to switch these on or off, so what's going on?

Joomla v3.7.5
JomSocial 4.4.0
Yootheme WARP 7 template (fully updated)

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!!! ;)

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I just test it and works fine..

please you provide me the screenshot what do you get on your end?

thank you!

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Screenshot attached ( captured using same credentials).

What URL / link did you use for your screenshot?

Thanks! :)

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Owh, that is jomsocial home page not jomsocial profile page,

Please check this edcentral.uk/account/your-account-details/805-jomsocial or if you already logged please try this edcentral.uk/index.php?option=com_community&view=profile

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Is there a way of having the avatar and banner image show up on the Jomsocial Home page? Also, it seems odd that they don't show up on the Edit Profile page either - can they be made to show up here as well?

There definitely seems to be some other issues too. Firstly, when creating a new menu item to view the profile page (using the menu action "Profile") it creates an Edit Profile page, rather than a View Profile page. Also, when creating ANY new menu item in the back-end, after you select the Jomsocial action you want, it displays the wrong item in the select box. Plus, the template editor doesn't seem to work. Is there a core problem with our Jomsocial installation?

Many thanks!

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

- maybe you can try put Jomsocial hellome module for the solution
- the second issue, this is Joomla issue, we cant do anything, but actually the real menu URL is correct.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi, thanks for your reply, and for suggesting the Hello Me module.

I've tried the "Hello Me" module but there's a problem. When I put it in the "js_side_top" position, the z-order is wrong and the dark strip of the module covers up the drop-down menus from the Jomsocial Toolbar (see attached image edcjs1.jpg). This makes the menus un-usable as the user can't click any menu item past the first couple of items!

So I tried to put it above the toolbar by using top-a, top-b, top-c, main-top, etc, but it doesn't extend across the width of the page - it stays small and looks odd (see attached image edcjs2.jpg).

Any idea what the problem is?

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

for the solution please you apply this css code into this css file modules/mod_community_hellome/style.css

.joms-module--hellome .max-width {
width:100%;
}

.joms-module--hellome .joms-hcard__info{
z-index:10;
}

I hope it will help :)

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

Thank you. This has fixed the z-order issue, but not the full-width issue.

Will this modification need doing again when we next update Jomsocial?

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

No, this menu only for fixing your issue..

for fixing the width, use this code

.joms-module--hellome .joms-hcard {
    max-width: 100%;
    border: 0;
}

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

Unfortunately this fix (the one with the z-index change) was un-done by the latest update of Jomsocial!

Is there any way to save this code as an 'override' instead of changing the main code-base so it can survive upgrades? Or alternatively, is there any chance this might be fixed in the next release so we don't have to worry about it again?

Many thanks!

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you re-apply the code inside this file /templates/yoo_helios/css/custom.css, it would be safe there..

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński