Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Advanced search capacity

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I have a client that was using a third party search extension to be able to search user file for name, business name, city or state. That component has not upgrade for later versions of Community.

Do you know of an extension that can do the same? I have not used the advanced search from JomSocial but it was not able to do this in earlier versions.
Also what is the upgrade price and will this include a search feature that can do this?

Thanks,

Steve

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Roseanne,

You can use Module search with advanced layout, with it you can search name, business name, city or state at once, and you can search the rest category of profile data there.

The price for upgrading is $99 if you used Pro Version for 6 months contract :)

thank you!

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you for your help with this. I have set up the module, but when I do a search, the results come up blank. I have done the following to make sure it will work right:

We upgraded to Jomsocial Pro so we can use this advanced search capability.
I have upgraded to the newest version of Jomsocial (4.3.4)
We have the latest version of Joomla (3.7.2).
I have set the fields I want to be searchable in the configuration section of Jomsocial.
I configured the search module so it is using the advanced search
I made sure the menu ID (299) for search results is set to public.
I made sure to search for a name that is of a specific user and it comes up blank.
I have tried logging in and doing the search, and it still comes up blank. Screen shot attached.

When I search, the screen comes up blank. This is the same problem we were having with the Xius search extension, and we thought the problem was the extension itself. Now I'm wondering if the problem is within Jomsocial.

Can you please help me resolve it.

Attachments:
6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I just checked this, and the adv. search is working fine..

thank you!

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński