Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration not possible

6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ollie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

JomSocial user registration isn't working anymore since J3.7 . The first registration page appears, but "Next" button isn't clickable. Source code on the page shows an EOL in loader-dd2709f1.js .
What can we do?

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Ollie,

Would you mind provide me the backend access, please? so I can inspect this directly.
This issue related with Joomla template, please you changed to another template for testing purpose..

thank you

6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ollie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dimas,

thanks a lot, that helped me crack the issue. I'm using a YooTheme template and had the compression settings provided by the template turned on. I've disabled them (Minify + DataURIs) and now and the problem disappeared. Yet, disabling the compression slows the site loading speeds down considerably. JomSocial seems to be the only extension affected by the compression, yielding an error. Is there any chance to resolve this?

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ollie,

Actually jomsocial script already compressed our code, so you dont need re-compress it or make the javascript broken.. to speedup your site maybe you can try to use jotcache plugin.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński