Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

how to get the same avatar in Jomsocial as in the registration profile

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: My visitors fill their profile by their first site registration, including a smart Avatar solution, it is a nice and simple registration through conditional fields. (extension: Easy Profile, works as a complement of joomla core registration)
BUT: after entering in Jomsocial, they have to fill AGAIN some fields, especially can't see the avatar, and have to upload a foto.
This is not good, I want tem only to fill the empty fields of jomsocial, those who are NOT in the first registration process.

EXPECTED RESULT: Each Jomsocial profile should show the "official" first avatar obtained through registration process. And the same for "last name", "Profession", "enterprise", "Comments" or other optional fields i put in the registration. And when they change the avatar in Jomsocial, it should change in registration data, as well as all other extensions who are charging the same picture.(Community forum, community answers, community quotes)

So 1) I need to know exactly in which place should I replace or fill the adress of the original fields to interact correctly. and
2) can you give me an exact example of a correctly writed adress I should put inside, so I'll not have to ask you again.

>MY BROWSER: Chrome
>MY JOOMLA VERSION: Newest version

Thank you a lot!
Jean

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jean,

Do you mean you wanna use global avatar on your other components? officially we dont have plugin for this, but please you ask to your 3rd party component like Kunena (forum), community answer and community quotes, maybe they have the plugin / configuration for it.. as I know kunena has the plugin for this.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński