Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Hover over info window not showing all info

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Joel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
The hover over panel doesn't show all the contact info - we have added fields to the profile info to enable the users to see that they are contacting the right person - however, this seems to be too much for the box.

Can you tell me if I can increase the panel size - or if there is another solution

Many Thanks

Joel

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joel.

I'm sorry but this will be rather complicated. Size of hover card is fixed and set in js file.
Changing it will require core file hack.

Core hacks are not recommended nor supported as they may not working with future JomSocial releases and/or cause issues that will be not supported. Users with core files hack refuse to upgrade their installation to keep those hacks and they are stuck with outdated and unsupported versions. Also core hack will be overwritten during upgrade.

You have too many in formations to display on hover card. They ware designed to display quick profile overview only.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joel
8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Joel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Michal,

Is there another solution for me that you can think of? Maybe switching it off, or changing it so a name appears rather than all the info?

Joel

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Joel.

You may disable profile card in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Theme Designer -> Profile: i.imgur.com/e4XlThg.png

Also you may change look of hovercard by editing this file:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/profile/hovercard.php

Create an override of that file by copying it to:

ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community/layouts/profile (if you don't have those folders - feel free to create them)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński