Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
I have a language problem with the jomsocial menu. I use two languages - german and english.
The link in the Joomla main menu to the home of jomsocial has the item_id 193.
The internal links in the jomsocial menu have the item_id 162. (same as in the langugae neutral main menu.)
But some menu entries in the jomsocial menu have the itemid 192. Clicking on this has the result that i loose my mainmenu (ger) and it switches to the neutral menu.
The link in the Joomla main menu to the home of jomsocial has the item_id 192.
The internal links in the jomsocial menu have the item_id 162. They will loose the complete mainmenu when clicking them.
But the menu entries mentioned before with the item_id 192 work.
Please, read it carefully - especially where I explain how to create menus. It's a bit tricky as Joomla! uses lowest menu item IDs to display pages. Order of menu item creation does matter.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you