Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cannot share a buddys post / image.

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: Cannot share a buddy's post. I can "Share" it as in it goes on my wall but the post itself does not. Any text I add as a comment on it with shows up, if I like it or not shows up, but the original shared item does not show up.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 I clicked share on one of my buddy's posted items - The content does not show up on my stream.
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
8 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Can you provide me the correct backend access, please? because the current information is not working.

thank you

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

The information has been updated. Please try again.

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

well this is issue coming from 3rd party stream item, when I share from original stream item from jomsoical everything is fine.

in another words, you cant share stream item from 3rd party perfecty.

thank you

Attachments:
8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

What do you mean by 3rd party perfecty? I cant share the other users video on my stream?

8 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I mean, you can share the 3rd party stream like "inserted new ad" stream but you can see the quote like if you share status..

I can share video stream from another users, I already tried it, you can see my screenshoot above

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

How can we fix this? If someone pots an item even from a 3rd party I want to be able to share it and have my other users share it without any issues. Right now it comes up blank.
please let me know how we can resolve this issue.

The "3rd party" sharing should not matter it is just sharing. Also how come we cant share a friends post to another friends post?

Thank you,

Charles

Attachments:
8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I tested it and works fine

like I said, you share the 3rd party stream item, your didnt share the official stream item from jomsoical, that why you see the error.

Attachments:
8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Why cant we share a third party stream item? We have people that will want to share the jomclassifieds item but it does not appear like shown.

How can this be fixed and how can we make it sharable?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

We where having the issue also when sharing jomsocial content with other jomsocial users, so jomsocial to jomsocial and no 3rd party software. Why does this happen? The sharing option is limited as it is, but in this case the jomsocial to jomsocial is not working correctly.

Please advise,

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

right now you cant share any 3rd party stream item, but well I will try to debug it and report this to our developer.

Let we wait the decision from project manager, which we will totally remove share option from 3rd party stream or maybe improve and fix this.

thank you

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

**update needed** Can you please tell me why we cannot share from third party stream? If someone posts an item from some place else other than jomsocial we get the mentioned issues above. You said that you will talk to your people and hope to fix it. Has this issue been fixed? Can we share posts from say jomclassifieds, our site etc and share those in jomsocial correctly? This should work like how facebook does with sharing content in the users users stream, to other users streams etc.

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

Our Project Manager is sick, we cant give you an update, I will update it once I get it.

thank you

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

Would you mind provide me cpanel access, please? I need your sample stream record.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński