Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
Kunena Thank You activity URL to topic or user profile (of thanke malformed
User clicks "Thank You" button within Kunena forum which generates an activity post on JomSocial frontpage. The URLs to both the users profile (name only, avatar is fine) and to respective topic all malformed and return a 404 errors
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
Post or reply within Kunena
Navigate to community (via community menu)
See respective activity in stream
Click either the users name or the subject to topic in Kunena
Get a 404 or no such user error
After clicking users name or topic subject links, to be taken to respective content
Any and All
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I contacted forum developer Kunena, who then informed me that it's either AlphaPlug or JomSocial related error or bug. When I contacted the AlphaUserPoints dev,he looked at it closely and found it's actually your (JomSocial) bug, please see his remarks as it may provide insight to your developers.
We are reaching the 6th week of support / fix for this one, thank you for your time, please try and have bug reported so this issue is fixed in new 4.1 release
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Thank you for your time and assistance on this matter. I have updated my first post to contain login credentials for site and FTP for main (live) domain.
Just a side note, but related to this issue I feel needs mentioning... I have this rule (Say thank you for a post) disabled in JomSocial as I don't want the activity to show in the Activity stream, but it still shows... I even have the ID's in the "Exclude rules" field of the aupinactivitystreamjomsocial plugin so the Kunena Thank-You rule activity does not show.