Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Default Privacy Settings

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I saw there are some posts related to this topic, but, until now, none of them was able to solve what it seems a serious problem.

During the registration procedure, when the user edit the details of the fields, the default option is set to "public", while it should be more obvious to have some settings that restrict the visibility of these (or only some) of these fields.

For example, I think it's totally normal to have the "City" field set to public, while the "Mobile phone" field maybe should be set to "friends only" in order to let only my friends see my contact details.

Has this problem been solved? Or maybe is there a component or something else that can help?

Thank you in advance.

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Sergio,

for each fields until now jomsocial dont have that settings. by default we only have profile privacy at backend setting, not for profile fields.
this is by design, you can put user voice at here:
uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

JomSocial is always looking for suggestions of how to improve

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok, I see, but for me it's important that some details of the user remain private.

I don't want, for example, that the telephone number is public, but it should be seen only by the user's friends. Otherwise, if during the registration process it's necessary to set the privacy setting for each field, you understand that is it very annoying... ;-)

If from the backend options I set that the default option is "friends only", and during the registration the user doesn't change anything, everyone is able to see his mobile phone number?

Or, since from the backend options I set "only friends", even if the user doesn't modify anything during the registration process, the information is hidden to unknown users?

thanks again

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Sergio,

if you set default privacy for profile to friends only, even user set phone number as public privacy, and non friend or guest users cannot see anything at profile page. will be got "restricted access".

i suggest you to try playing with that privacy setting. so you will know how it works.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński