Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Admin Privacy settings not respected

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello

I have set the Activity Stream to "Members Only", and in the configuration Privacy area I have set all privacy settings to "Members". Still when new user signs up their profile is publicly available.

Also I have the component Membership Pro that controll subscriptions. It is set to sign new members up default as members of a JomSocial group. This works OK, but the problem is that these new JomSocial groupmembers are also assigned as groupadmins. (I don't know if this is a JomSocial problem, or a Membership Pro problem)

And finally, it is not possible to create new events in JomSocial, it will not save the created events.

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry. About the EVENTS creation, that was my error, I had disabled the events creation for that group, now I have enable it.

But the rest of the problems is still there.

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Oste,

#1 in which section do you mean? please provide me the screenshoot

#2 This is Membership Pro issue, because by deafult we dont have this feature :)

thank you

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas

#1 In the global configuration area of JomSocial - Components - JomSocial - Configuration - Privacy
In the top left corner of this area there is a configuration box named "Default user privacy". Of the four possible settings, I have set all rows to "Members". When a new member signs up, all his/her settings should default to "Members", but it does not work. A new member signs up and his profile is publicly available. I then go back to the same admin area and click the "Reset existing members privacy" (still set to "Members") and click SAVE, but nothing happens, the profile of this new member is still public.

#2 How can a third party plugin, that just automate the process of making a registered member also a member of a jomsocial group, how can this third party plugin also make this member a jomsocial group admin?...unless there is a bug in JomSocial that makes this possible? It should not be possible to make anyone a jomsocial groupadmin unless an existing admin manually do this himself?

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Attachment privacysettings.jpg not found

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry for the trouble. It actually was the Membership Pro jomsocial problem that created all these problems, I have deactivated the plugin and contacted the developer.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński