Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Allow formatting of profile boxes

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I want to allow my clients to format their profiles with bold, italic, bulleted text and add links to other sites within their textfields.
Is there a way to enable the editor on fields or possibly do you know of an addon or plugin? I prefer to keep it as hack free as possible but even a basic editor would be great.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

for now is not possible to do that. because jomsocial using helper and profile fields is dynamic, control by DB.
too much effort to do that. This might be a rather complex task. I suggest you'd better search for an appropriate plugin for this.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We have been searching everywhere for a way to allow the registration fields not to strip out html when saving.
I have not been able to locate any plugins that would help us with this. many custom profile layouts but it seems none will allow or save properly the formatted input. Is there anyone you know that we could hire to help us with this task?
Every other part of joomla has the ability save content formatted. Is it a matter of mimicing existing code and applying it to your sections. I do have a coder but he is concerned about hacking core JomSoc code and asked if there was a plugin available that would allow us access and function similar to our needs. Any help is greatly appreciated.

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just spoke with my php coder and he is trying to accomplish allowing html to be saved into these text fields.
he said he has traced back the code and as it is totally integrated with joomla he loses track of where the registration profile info is stored in the database. Our client is pushing to have bulleted text, bold, italic and if we past a url into the field it needs to act like a link when viewed in profile. We don't fully understand the process by which the html is stripped out. Is there info anywhere that we could review that would help us understand how the data gets placed into joomla?
Any help is appreciated as my day was consumed with reviewing plugins and none seem to allow this. Many plugins to style the form but not to style the content of the fields. If you know an outside coder you could suggest?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Eric.

I agree with Albertus that is will be rather complex and also require core files to hack. Core hacks are not recommended nor supported as they may not working with future JomSocial releases and/or cause issues that will be not supported. Users with core files hack refuse to upgrade their installation to keep those hacks and they are stuck with outdated and unsupported versions.

Also some of our fixes may require to roll back your customizations...

I understand that your customer want to have it... but he should consider to have certain aesthetical display or rather updated, safe and reliable system...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński