Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Pathing issues preventing registration

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • john
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm using Jomsocial 3.2.1.4 and Joomla 3.3.3.3. The site is new.ptotoday.com . If you click the Login/Join link at top, it'll bring you to new.ptotoday.com/component/community/register?return=Lw==

If you do a view source on the page, you'll see the form action of the registration page is:
new.ptotoday.comcomponent/community/register?return=Lw==

The slash is missing between the host and the path.

At first glance the bug appears to be an over-simplification of creating a URI within the URI class function, toString.

I tried adding a $uri .= DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; after the port line but that caused issues in the function when the host wasn't provided - a double slash like //component/community in the html tries to send the user to 'component' as the host.

And it gets more complicated from what I can tell because that toString method is also used during redirects within jomsocial on the backend.

It seems like a a bug in joomla's core URI class and jomsocial's reliance on that toString function.

com_community is unusable for me right now. Any help is much appreciated.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, JOhn.

This is not default JomSocial registration form, you customized it: prntscr.com/4l45eu
We don't support users customizations... and issues potentially caused by those customizations.
Please, roll back your changes for registration form by restoring original file and check if issue persist.

Also URL created for registration form seems to be odd ROOT/component/community/register?return=Lw==. Is this part of your customization too?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • john
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok

1. I removed the template override and the form still has the wrong action. I pointed out a code issue in JURI which you can test yourself

2. I don't see what's odd about that URL but maybe you can elaborate. that's a fairly typical Joomla SEF url. If you find the return variable odd (which is also typical joomla functionality) you can remove the querystring and see the exact same behavior.

<form id="jomsForm" class="community-form-validate" name="jomsForm" method="post" action=" new.ptotoday.comcomponent/community/register ">

Thanks for looking into this.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

I don't know why but on your server CRoute::getURI() gives wrong result. CRoute returns your domain without / at the end... and this is Joomla! API.

As a workaround you can replace CRoute::getURI() with JURI::current(); with every register. php files (where CRoute::getURI() is present)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • john
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for the idea of the workaround.

I'm going to examine the privileges of joomla 3.3.3 files and retry the install in case it's a case of the install not replacing every file. I've seen some weird side effects when that happens.

I would also add that this situation is the same on my development machine so it's not just the server - it's a code issue somehow. My development machine is a mirror of that server.

If the 3.3.3 install seems valid, I'll try incorporating your workaround and see how I do - I believe it will still be a problem for files trying to construct URLs to redirect to on the backend, for instance, after submitting.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • john
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey Michal,
I was able to get the registration flow to work with your suggestion. I have another app that I had to use that fix for (independent of jomsocial)

If I get some time I might do a vanilla install of Joomla 3.3.3 and Jomsocial 3.2.1.4 to see if the bug persists. If so, I'll be surprised if you don't get some tickets like this.

Thanks for the help.
JK

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • john
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Michal,

I started having issues with other components so I was forced to confront the issue head-on.

The problem was a system plugin called MVC Override. I'm not sure exactly why it messes up the host yet, but it removes the slash from the host name which wreaks havoc on any component using JUri::toString() (or functions that call that in turn).

Just figured I'd relate that in case you ever hear of something similar.

Regards,
JK

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński