Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Spam users

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I didn't publish any default joomla log in module so the only way users can register is via jomsocial. I understand that there is already captcha at the register stage for jomsocial, but I am still having a lot of spam users everyday. Can you advise?

Thank you.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

If Captcha is enabled and bypassed it means that this are humans (robots can't bypass Captcha).
The only thing you can do is to check their IP and start to block it.
Here are few extensions that could help: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...e-access/ip-blocking

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

So that is definitely not JomSocial's problem I suppose.

I suspect that it is due to robots crawling to default Joomla registration page. Would that be possible? Is it possible to totally replace the default registration page with JomSocial registration?

Thank you.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

Yes you can redirect to JomSocial registration page by enabling JomSocial Redirect Plugin.

Also you may enable captcha for Joomla!.

But if registration is redirected and captcha is enabled and you still have spam users.. then only IP block can help you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński