Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

HR and {target} are now friends - After 3.2.0.5 installation

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We have come across an issue where in activity stream of a user shows as below; I have attached screenshot also.

HR and {target} are now friends - instead of user name its shows {target} - We have found same kind of thread in below url but its not helped us to fix the issue. The issue is happening in the test website.

We have updated our joomla to 2.5. Test website is currently joomla v 2.5.20.

www.reviewsforjoomla.com/forum/index.php?topic=23245.0
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/374...rget-are-now-friends

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rajasekar.

Did you changed or created this text " and {target} are now connected " in language file?
It can't be found in language overrides.
Please, edit your first post and add FTP credentials.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes we have changed from "Friends" to "Connected" in our old installation. I have provided FTP details also.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rajasekar.

Where did you mada that change?
In ROOT/languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini line 1173 is still:
COM_COMMUNITY_ACTIVITY_FRIENDS_NOW="{actor} and {target} are now friends."

I don't have rights to edit files via FTP (chown).

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Yes in new test installation its still - COM_COMMUNITY_ACTIVITY_FRIENDS_NOW="{actor} and {target} are now friends."

You can have check on joomla 1.5 old installation which is in - /opt/lampp/htdocs/iispace/language/en-GB - here it is -
COM_COMMUNITY_ACTIVITY_FRIENDS_NOW="{actor} and {target} are now connected"

Please check your FTP access now, it should work. In admin login data transfered from old site shows "connected"

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rajasekar.

Ah, I see now. Those activities are just 1 month old.
In old JomSocial different strings ware used.
Try now to make a friend and activity should be alright.

You'll need to run db query in order to change values for that activities... or change them manually in db.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I have accepted a new frined request but its not coming in activity stream it self. I have send friend request to the user id provided to you. You can login to front end to accept the request and see that there is no updation in Recent activity and activity stream under profile.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Also if you see in admin login the activity steam shows properly with out "{target}" and in front end its not.

But in both place latest activity is not displayed.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rajasekar.

Frontend activity stream is something different than list of activities in backend.
Nevertheless please edit your first post and add PHPmyAdmin credentials.

I assign developer to this thread.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I have added PHPmyadmin details.

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Raja,

Streams from old Jomsocial version actually will be useless.. and will weird if I fix the actor tag, the solution is you need to delete all old streams.

Anyway, for fixing the {stream} tag you can execute this query :

UPDATE jos_community_activities SET title = REPLACE(title,'{target} ','') WHERE 1;

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

I have executed "UPDATE j25_community_activities SET title = REPLACE(title,'{target} ','') WHERE 1;" and attached the updated stream(refer Shot3.png). Its still not proper as I don't see with whom user is friend. We can delete all old stream as its a notification only.

But for new activities also I don't see any notification in stream. Please refer the Shot1 and Shot2 pics where I accepted a friend request and after that Shot3 I see old stream only. I don't see the new notification over there.

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Raja,

Like I said before the solution from me it would be useless, because it will look weird, that is come from old Jomsocial, and cant be fixed... except you delete the old streams.

Well, you found another issue, seems the stream data is failed to be stored to database, I wanna check it via phpmyadmin but access to phpmyadmin is blocked, can you check again, please?

thank you

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Please try now, you should be able to access now.

Also to remove the old streams only from "j25 _community_activities" table to delete or any other also.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński