Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity on homepage (before login) is not same as the homepage after login

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The activity before login and after login is not the same. Some of the groups and events activities do not show on the homepage (before login). Is it correct?

How to set up the activities?

Is it possible to set up the activities that posted by featured members show on the homepage (before login) ?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

because that is respected the privacy for each groups, that is default behavior from Jomsocial, only the public content which will be shown on stream for guest.

The solution you can avoid the privacy on stream, open jomsocial configuration, find "Activity Display Privacy" set to "No"

Thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I found another problem.

It shows all streams on homepage (before login) and the recent streams shows.after login but some streams are gone.

Compare with Admin account and user account. Admin account login to the page and see even less streams/activities.

Where we can setup the streams? How many to display? Anytning different between admin account and user account?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

Well, admin can do anything... and will ignore the content privacy setting, that is different with normal user.

You can setup the count of stream list from Jomsocial configuration->Layout->Frontpage Activities

I hope it will help

Thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

My question is that my user account used to show all the stream list but now only show the list for one month.

Where I can check and find the problem?

Thanks

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

I just checked again..

#1 in frontpage, I can see all activities there, and the latest of course
#2 in profile page, it suppose the activities only from yourself, there is no activities since 3 months ago.. and I tried posting new status and show in profile page as well.

Thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The problem is #2 in profile page,

Why some users profile page show activities since 4 months ago and some only show 1 month?

That is the problem.

Is it related to the settting for "Activity Content Length"?

The following user(s) said Thank You: TobbreegeUncerSic
9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

Can you provide me the sample of user for this, please? i think the streams already deleted or maybe the user dont have any activities since 3-4 months ago.. I just took the example from this profile worldprofessionals.org/817-linda-xu/profile , her profile has the activities since yesterday, which its totally correct.

thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The profile shows it correct but when login and it only show one month activities.

I have provided 4 users info and you can login and test it. Please look at the 1st post and add the users info there (Misc Information)

The problem is some users show the all activities, and some show only 1 month and some shows 3 months.

It seems admin users show only 1 month now.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

Yesterday we saw some users show more activities and some users show less activites.

Today all the users show the activites for one month and we use the same browser.

We use 360 speed browser Here is the link: chrome.360.cn/

The problem is not all the activities show on this browser for our site. We try other browsers and it shows all activities.

But when we try the jomsocial community site and we do not find the same problem. and jomsocial community site looks fine.

We use the same 360 speed browser and it shows all the activities on the profile page.

www.jomsocial.com/community

Linda

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

I trace the stream and your user is not very active at all, the only active user only from this user "Linda Xu" so thats why in profile page it does not show anyway newest stream, because they already not-active since 1 month ago..

Well, I disabled the "Activity Display Privacy" so it will ignore the privacy streams as well.

Thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

How to disable and enable the "Activity Display Privacy" ?

We have set the "Activity Display Privacy" to Yes.

The following we found the way to set up. Is it correct? Configuration > Site > Activit > Yes

What is different to show the activities if disable or enable of the "Activity Display Privacy"?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

I thought this issue caused by the privacy, but after I see this this issue is not coming from there... this issue caused by the activity on that user is very less, so thats why those profile doesnt have much activities in profile page (but I there is lot on home page).

Ok for inspecting this issue further and for making sure this issue cuased by Jomsocial or by your stream data or not, I need your phpmyadmin access, would you mind provide it, please?

thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

We reinstall all the browsers and delete the history fo the browser and test it again.

It seems it looks fine now.

We will test for more days and more different browsers and will let you know if there is still problem.

What is different to show the activities if disable or enable of the "Activity Display Privacy"?

Thanks.

Linda

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński