Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration not working w/ new sign ups attempts

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Lately I have notice there are no new members signing up for my site.
So, today I decided to try and start a new account and notice nothing works after selection the next key on the sign up page. Sometime,the fields have red boxes even though the information is in the box. All information I use, for the sign up, are fresh unused names and emails. I enter the captcha and choose next, but the page just hangs while trying to load.

I've tried all my browsers : FireFox, IE, and Opera and even cleared and had refreshed the page.
I have even tried to turn SEF's off.

But for some reason I am getting 10+ spam attempts for sign ups. I do have require approava for new accounts.
I have three account types (for JSPT) an “fan” being the first selection ( only account I have tested on).
It seems the SPAM accounts are bypassing the sign ups, as I am getting email notification.
But nothing will pass the first page on the sign up for “Fan” account”

I am using JSPT
Joomla Version 3.3.0 Stable
Jomsocial 3.2.0.5

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just tested the sign up again and now nothing is happening .
Not sure what to do. I am losing potential members b the hour.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Kobe,

please try to empty this tables:
_community_register
_community_register_auth_token

both table only for temporary use at registration process. and I need super user access level. I need to enabling error reporting level at joomla configuration.

your administrator level at Site Detail not as super user. I cant make any changes at joomla configuration.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

My apologize on the issue of logging in. I have set the account to super user so you should have access now.

I tried your method above and still have issue with signing up as a new user.
I am including an image with this post.
I filled out the info with fresh, non used, information. When I click next nothing happens.

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Kobe,

#1, try to reinstall the jomsocial. (no need uninstall any things)
if still problem. please provide me FTP access detail and phpmyadmin/cpanel access detail.
I need that for debugging purpose.

FYI: Put any credential information at Site Info, by editing your first post on this topic.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just reinstalled JomSocial with the latest version. No luck with the sign up pages. It still gets hung up on the first page (testing a "fan" account).
I have updated my information with the information you requested.

Thanks for looking into this matter.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just tried a fresh install of joomla (in a sub folder) with a clean database. The only thing I have installed on this new site is jomsocial (latest release)

I am still getting an issue with highlighted box and not being able to pass the first screen when trying to sign up with a fresh account.
see image below.

Attachment ascreenshot2.jpg not found

So it seems my current install and new install (test site) are having the same issues.

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Kobe,

do you have any modules or components or plugins installation? related with security things. please try to disable it if any.
and I think there is something with your server, because I made your site copy in my local. There is no issue with registration page. all fine. The issue only happen with your server.

registration validation using AJAX call. some security things can make that call failed/rejected by server.

please ask any information from your server support. maybe there is a clue.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Nothing that I am aware of. Did you happen to check my "PHP Settings" in the configuration?
I was having this issue for a while, so two days ago I moved the whole site over to its own IP; I thought it might have something to do with the shared account I was on. I still had the issue.
Like I said I install a new site with nothing expect JomSocial installed and I was still having the same issue.
yesterday both my full site and test site seemed spotty on the registration page, then it completely stopped working.

I will go over everything again on my site, and test site, and look over my server settings.

If you happen to notice something is miss configured in the "PHP Settings" please let me know so I can address the issue.

Thanks for the ongoing top-notch support!

p.s. You said "registration validation using AJAX call. some security things can make that call failed/rejected by server." is there something I should be looking at or changing to fixing this issue.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok, I just went through my error logs and noticed this within a few lines of the report:
components/com_community/assets/joms.jquery.js]

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

So I did a little more testing today. This test was done on a clean install of Jomsocial (3.2.0.5) and and clean install of Joomla 3.3.0.
I am still having issues with Jomsocial sign up.
What I did was tried joomla default sign up and things worked without issues.
When I tried Jomsocial sign up I still get the red boxes, and the pages never moves when choosing "next".
See image below.

Attachment ascreenshot3.jpg not found

I have people emailing me with the same issues when they sign up, and I am losing potential members on a daily basis.
Anything else I could do to get this issue fixed asap?
Thanks!

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Just wanted to update this topic. There is something conflicting with the latest release of Jomsocial.
I tested in my new set up with a clean install ( and a different 3rd party template) of joomla and the latest version of jomsocail. I was still having the issue with the first page of the user sign up hanging ( not moving on) on the first page. Every time I chose next nothing would happened. I would get the red boxes around the username and sometimes the email. I disabled Recaptcha and nothing would work.
So, in my testing site I decided to try a previous version on jomsocial (3.1.1) and the registration is working like it did prior to the latest release.
So I am current using jomsocial version 3.1.1 on my live site until this issue is fixed.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Any updates with this issue?
I would like to run the latest release but I can't do so because of this issue.
I just tried to run 3.2_RC_01 and the issues are happening again.
I hate to go back to a older version.

Thanks!

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Kobe,

I saw your server using Suhosin and Zend Guard Loader. Can you try to disabling Suhosin? if still problem try to disabling both Suhosin and Zend Guard Loader.

Because on ajax call, your server not sent back any respond. maybe that module caused the issue

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński