Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

not sending username and password after registration

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arasp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I want username and password to be sent after registration. In joomla! users there is an option whether to email username and password after registration. It is enabled. However users do not receive any email after registration. The only way they receive at least an email (however user name and password is not included there yet!) after registration to know they have registered is to set an activation method which we don't want to use.
When I add an account using Joomla! core registration form, there is no problem and everything is sent. but when it goes to Jomsocial registration form, the problem appears...
Is there any option in Jomsocial on this purpose which I need to use and I haven't?
Your instuction is hihjly appreciated.

Thanks

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Arasp.

Please upgrade to latest version of JomSocial -> 3.2.0.5 and check if issue still persist.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arasp
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Not only the problem is not solved, but the activation email that used to be sent is no more sent :|

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Arasp.

Please provide me with FTP access.
Edit your first post and add FTP credentials to corresponding fields.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arasp
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I did it

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Arasp.

I checked file structure and it seems to be alright...

I assign developer to this thread...

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arasp
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I can see you registered and set the options to receive email, did you receive any email contain user name and password?
I tried registering with different emails and accounts and got no email at all :(
This is really important to us that users receive emails containing username and password after registration.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Arasp.

No, I haven't received any emails :/
In file system it seems to be fine... I'm clue less so assigned developer for deeper look...

9 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Arasp,

I am sorry for delay answer, the FTP access is not working for me, can you verify it again, please?

thank you

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arasp
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I updated the ftp account in the first post.

9 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arasp,

I afraid this issue caused by Arabic translation, anyway the email also should be sent to your admin email, do you get it or not?

Thank you

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arasp
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

What do you mean by Arabic translation? If you mean translation in Joomla!, Joomla it self does not have any issue sending email when registration handling is given to Joomla core instead of Jomsocial. If you mean translation in Jomsocial, we did the translation ourselves and we know that we only added a language file (fa_IR language) into language folder. we didn't make any changes in php files or other codes in Jomsocial. (Even we haven't added RTL codes for Jomsocial yet and everything you see on the site is pure downloaded 3.2.0.5 version!)

Please help us solving this issue. It is weeks after weeks and this issue has neot been solved. It is not a normal problem, it is a major since Joomla performance in sending emails is affected by jomsocial.

BTW, I don't get any email for registration in admin email.

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arasp,

i already change your registration code.. on registraion controller file on line 810 - 814
from

$mail = JFactory::getMailer();
            $mail->sendMail($mailfrom, $fromname, $email, $subject, $message, $sendashtml);
        }
into
            // $mail = JFactory::getMailer();
            // $mail->sendMail($mailfrom, $fromname, $email, $subject, $message, $sendashtml);
        }
        $mail = JFactory::getMailer();
        $mail->sendMail($mailfrom, $fromname, $email, $subject, $message, $sendashtml);

can you check again ? please let me know if this issue still persist :)

Warm regards,

David

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Arasp.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński