Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Username = User's Name or company name?

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Heather
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

How can we (or can we?) maek the "username" the real name and/or company name of the individual/company when they registered?

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Heather,

I don't really got point of your question.. but i will try any possibilities about your question.

1. Change display name on website (don't use username but using Real Name)
By default joomla settings will user username as display name on website but you can change it into Real Name if you want to..

if you want to use your customize profile field like "Name of Non Profit" field, you must hack our code to make this field as your display name on your website. :)

Go to Jomsocial backend > configuration > Layout and change "Display Name" value (on right box) into "Real Name"

2. Automatically insert username or real name when register into "Real Name" or "Company Name"
you can't make this one automatically filled when user registered..

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Heather
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

You got it. That's exactly what I was looking for. Searched and searched...thinking it was tied to the joomla user info.. and it was right there in JS all along!

Thanks!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński