Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

HTML Code is being exposed in Textbox Field with Email data

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We are using a textbox to capture some of our custom fields. In our 'Social' section, we have custom fields for 'Skype', 'Facebook' and 'LinkedIn'. Upon entering the email information into the 'Social' fields, it attempts to add the HTML formatting for an email link. But on the profile page, the 'email' plus the HTML tag shows as plaintext, without the HTML being applied (and being improperly displayed). How do we ensure the HTML formatting gets applied to the display of the fields on the profile page?

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Michael,

i didn't got your question clearly.. Do you want to add email field on your custom fields which is 'Skype', paypal email', 'Facebook' and 'LinkedIn' and automatically joomla recognize this field as email and add "Mailto" html tag into your link text like my attachment below ?

Attachment mailTo.png not found

If yes, you can edit your custom profile field on your jomsocial backend, click on (ex : skype field) skype field and change "type" into "email" (not "textbox")

we can't allow users add any HTML tag on jomsocial manually because this action can make your website come into XSS attack (Cross Site Scripting hack)

Btw, Your jomsocial version is very old version, maybe you can update your jomsocial into the latest version (3.1.1 our latest jomsocial version) and DON'T FORGET BACKUP YOUR SITE before do an upgrade :)

Warm Regards,

David

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, I just wanted to allow email data to be formatted correctly. I didn't realize there was an 'email' field type! Thanks for this info.

We would update, but we have done custom modifications to this version, so we don't wish to update at this time.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński