Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

After Profil Edit in Jomsocial User gets Guest Profil

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Liewert
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
when the User saves his Changes he done Edit Profil the Profile Type
is set to Guest.
I use Payplan subscription and jomsocial profile types. During registration all works fine.
After the registration process user gets his selected plan. But if he wont to edit profile
after the save process he will set to guest!

The next bug I think is, when user during registration process set save password to browser (it's given by browser)
and then when he wont to edit profil under the tab account details his password is saving only in one of the two password fields
so he wont to save his change he get the message 'password doesn't the same cause only in one field is password set.
In my oppinion the password have to set in both password fields or both fields are complete empty.
If he don't agree save password during registration this problem isn't represent.

Best reagards
Tom

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Liewert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
the first problem with guest profile I solved by myself. If profile type isn't display in edit profile it don't write to guest.
It's okay cause it isn't important for me that user have to see his profile type. It would be critical if user should see his
profile type but not allowed to edit....

The problem with password I have no solution for...

Best regards
Tom

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Liewert.

I'm not sure if I understand you well.

When user registers he/she need to provide a password that will be used by that user.
There are two fields to verify if user enters correct password (data in both fields are compared).
So user need to enter in both fields the same value -> same password (in other case he will see error).
Also user can't leave this fields empty.

So what this issue is all about?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Liewert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
thanks for reply. The problem is starting on registration! So when the user input his user name and password in the jomsocial
registration form. Then the browser maybe (firefox) gives the user the choice to save his password into the firefox password cache!
If user do this (some of them would certain do this) at first there will be no problem! But after registration process and the first login into jomsocial he wont to edit his profile. Then he get the profile edit dialog! On first tab he will doing his changes! Then he will save changes.
Now an message will pop up that password not similar cause in on the second Tab 'Account Details' is only set the password on one password edit field.
User have now to possibilities: At first he delete the password in the first field and then he can save the edit date or he add his password in the second password field and then he can save his changes. This is what he have to do every time he want to change his profil data!
Or he goes in the password cache on browser and delete the password data store on this place. Then both fields are empty and saving profile date is possible without enter or delete password manual.

I hope it's now understandable! Sorry for my English skills! I'm a German Freak :-)

Best reagards

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Liewert.

Now I understand :)
But this is just caching password works :) And it has nothing to do with JomSocial.
Only first field is a correct password field, second one is only for verification. So FF (or other browser) remembers only password (not verification). That is why second field will be always empty. We can't do anything about it...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński