Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Link to User Profile Not Working with "Re-Created" Member

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In testing various features and functions in Joomla, JomSocial and other extensions, I often create "new test users". These test users may be deleted and then recreated for various testing reasons. I usually re-create them with the same email address, username and password as before.

I have a problem that seems to only involve these "re-created users". If I try to access their jomsocial profile by clicking on their avatar from a members module or list, the following message is received;

"ERROR, Sorry User ID not found"

When I delete a user I do it from the Jomsocial Members Dashboard assuming this would delete any associated files with the user. I also clear caches on site and in browser before recreating. Is there some type of residual files remaining that would cause confusion when trying to recreate a user?

Can you offer guidance on what may be causing this?

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi BoJames,

May I know did you delete the sample user from Jomsocial or from Joomla page?

Waiting your answer.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The last time the sample user (ID#561) was deleted was via the JomSocial extension. However, more than likely, it was probably deleted via Joomla method on previous occasions.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Bojames,

I just replicated this in newest Jomsocial installation 3.1.1, and seems everything is working fine in my end.. May I know your cache configuration in Joomla setting?

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I recently changed to the following while searching for a fix;

Cache: On - Progressive caching
Cache Handler: File
Cache Time: 2

Prior to my change the Cache setting was "Off - caching disabled", which I believe was the default setting at installation as I don't recall changing it before and It is something I most likely wouldn't change as I am not knowledgeable in this area.

Thanks,
-BoJames

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

If you turn off the cache, it fix the issue or not? personally, I dont suggest you use cache from Joomla, if you wanna use cache I suggest you install the 3rd party component for cache system

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

It does not seem to matter. I will be turning Joomla cache "off" as it was before. I don't know enough about caching and whether or not I should consider it for my site or not. I was just taking trial and error attempts at finding a solution.

In your previous post, you said that you "...replicated this in newest Jomsocial installation 3.1.1"

Can you be more specific? Did you create a new user in my site, delete it, recreate it and then try to access profile by clicking on user avatar from members module?

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Yes.. you can try to replicate this issue on newest version... but I think it will be same :) so I suggest you follow my suggestion before.. turn off the joomla cache and use the 3rd party cache ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński