Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Privacy Configuration Issues

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The social networking site I need to setup needs has some particular privacy requirements that I need to be able to achieve. I found the Privacy settings in the JomSocial administration and set them to all "Friends". What I need is for all profiles to be private from searches, running into anyone, etc unless they are members of similar groups. I need it to be similar to how Facebook privacy works if you set it to someone not being able to access any information on your profile. The settings I have now only work for certain areas and doesn't allow for the profile to be completely private. Am I setting something wrong or is this not possible out of the box? If it isn't possible out of the box can it be changed with an extension available?

Thanks!

Mike

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

The privacy for profile only can be viewed when another user wanna check your detail profile, but that user still can browse able on memberlist or adv. search.. we designed like that, and that is default behavior.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Is there a way to turn search off? Is there any known extensions on making it more private within search or browsing?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Michael,

Currently you only can turn off the Adv.search from Jomsocial toolbar Menu and then disable the search module as well.

I dont know the 3rd party plugin can achive this, it seems impossible to use the 3rd party, except you hack the code.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Under the Profile Preferences, I set a Profile View to "Friends". Doesn't this mean that Friends should only be able to view the Profile? For instance if I was a Site Member, but not friends with that person, I shouldn't be able to view the Profile then correct? If not, what is this setting?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

Yes you right, the no-friend only cant be seen to the detail of your profile.. but they still can see your list from memberlist / search as well.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński