Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Are Public Posts Really Public?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I want my community to be for its members only. When commenting or posting one of the choices is for the post to be "public." Is this true? Can it be accessed somehow without being a registered member? If so how can I remove the choice to have posts public?

10 years 2 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

so do you want only members can see recent activities on jomsocial frontpage? if that so, you just configure it from jomsocial backend..

jomsocial backend > configuration > layout > Show Activity Stream change it to "members only"

i have been changed that value into "members only".. :) Hope this help you :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I changed the Activity module already so that it does not show up on the JomSocial landing page but what concerns me are the choices given for posting- is Public really public? I don't see how it would be if there is no Activity Stream visible to the public.

Maybe I have just answered my own question- if someone selects something other than public will it not show up in the front-end stream? If the front end stream is not there then I don't have to worry about it, right?

10 years 2 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

Yes you already answered it :) "is Public" privacy is really public, so everyone can see what you post or share even you are not friend with them :) so can i mark this issue as "Resolved" ?

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński