Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity Stream Comments

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

My question is regarding the community front page / activity stream. The default privacy for photos in back-end jomsocial admin area is set to "public". So when any non-friend user uploads a photos and it appears in the activity....:

1) Should all non friend users see the comments in the activity stream and be able to comment on them based on a public photo setting.
2) Should all site users who are non friends be able to comment on those photos in the respective photo albums based on a public photo setting.

I am not seeing any place to comment on a photo in the activity stream or photo albums as a non friend and with the photo setting to public. Please as a test join my community and see if you can see any comments, comment yourself in the activity stream or photo album as a non friend to other user photos.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Try to change settings here: Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Site -> Walls (see att.)

Non-friends are always able to comment photos or albums directly. Commenting on walls depends on Walls settings.
Please check if it works for you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Well.... Nope didn't work. I changed the settings as you said uploaded a new photo and it didn't show the availability to make comments in the activity stream on photos uploaded by non-friends.

Again I have no jomsocial templates and have done nothing custom to your product.

Can you please fix this.... you have the login detail and I just update you to have the FTP access as well.

Dave

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

You discovered a bug :) Thank you.
I'll mark it as a confirmed bug. If there will be a quick fix I'll give it to you.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Developers team told me that it is not a bug as wall uses other libraries. But this will be unified in JomSocial 3.3

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I understood nothing from your post.

Are you telling me that when a user/ person views the community activity stream and they are "NOT" a friend of a person who made a post of let say a picture and they want to comment on that they can "NOT" comment because the are not a friend?

BUT

If that same "NON - FRIEND" clicks on the picture they can make a comment on it if the settings in the admin area allow for all users and non-friend users to comment on pictures etc.

Are you saying this will be changed in future version of JomSocial to allow for non-firends / users to be able to comment in the community activity stream.

???

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

I'm trying to say that developers rejected report as this is not a bug.

Different library is used for friends actions and for non friends actions. Thus friends can comment photo directly on stream and non friends need to go to picture and post a comment under it.

This should be unified in JomSocial 3.3.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński