Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

500 error on profile for new registrations

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi -

I recently upgraded to 3.0.x and have just discovered that profile links for all newly-registered users are returning 500 errors. I have tried disabling both sh404sef and JSPT and neither fixed the error. Also, I don't know if this is related but I've had an issue that the JomSocial updates don't seem to see what version I'm on and I've had some issues in the back end JS administrator like being unable to open groups - perhaps there's an instillation problem here?

To recreate the problem, you can create a new account and then try to view your profile. By contrast, I have given you URLs in the private section below for a number of older profiles, which work just fine.

I appreciate your help resolving this as soon as possible; I had just started re-marketing the site after being down for some time to change hosting services and install a SSL certificate (which turned out to have some issues) so the timing is very bad.

Thanks,
Cheryl

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

This issue caused by editormyphotos plugin, which that issue already outdated and not supported with newest Jomsocial code.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for fixing it, Dimas. I'm curious why it was still there when it isn't supported by the current version; I have been dutifully updating but find that my updater doesn't recognize that I have the new version - makes me wonder if something has gone astray, which may explain some strange behavior I've had in the administrator. Will keep an eye on it and put in another ticket if it gets strange again. Are there any other plugins like that which should have been eliminated with the update to the new version, so I can remove them for good housekeeping?

Thanks,
Cheryl

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Cheryl,

You can check the plugins one by one, if that plugin make your Jomsocial broken you can report to us.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński