Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Field warning message only showing in default language ..

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Jomsocial Team,

I guess this is another bug any see if it can be fixed in the next release.

- My site default language is zh-TW; with also zh-CN and en-GB installed.
- Everything works fine except this "Warning message" problem with Jomsocial.
- Multilingual is working probably with Jomsocial and all language files are probably translated and configured.

You will see the problem by doing below action..
- Do something wrong with the Jomsocial User Registration form
- Do something wrong while editing your own Profile

Problem is, even I am viewing in en-GB (all other elements are probably displayed), the "warning/ error message" as below will only be displayed in Site default language zh-TW. It should align with all other elements in en-GB.

I am referring to below language items..
COM_COMMUNITY_REGISTER_ALREADY_USER="You are already a registered user!"
COM_COMMUNITY_REGISTER_INVALID_VALUE="is empty or contains an invalid value."
COM_COMMUNITY_REGISTER_INVALID_CHAR_COUNT="Please insert between %1$s and %2$s characters."

COM_COMMUNITY_NAME_TOO_SHORT="Your name is too short!"
COM_COMMUNITY_INVALID_EMAIL="You've entered an invalid e-mail address."
COM_COMMUNITY_INVALID_DATE="You've entered an invalid date!"
COM_COMMUNITY_PASSWORD_TOO_SHORT="Your password is too short! Please enter a minimum of 6 characters."
COM_COMMUNITY_PASSWORD_NOT_SAME="Password and confirmed password don't match. Please switch to Account Details tab to correct this"

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_EXIST="Email \'%1$s\' already exists. Please choose a different email."
COM_COMMUNITY_USERNAME_EXIST="Username \'%1$s\' is taken. Please choose a different username."
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAILDOMAIN_DISALLOWED="Email \'%1$s\' domain is disallowed. Please choose a different email."
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAILDOMAIN_DENIED="Email \'%1$s\' domain is denied. Please choose a different email."

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Dreamonde Limited.

I would like to see this issue on your website but... (see att.)
So how could I access to your site to investigate that issue?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Details are attached inside Private site info.

Further, may I ask your help to remove the picture from your reply? It's important to keep client's info privacy. Thanks.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Dreamonde Limited.

Picture removed.

But I don't see any details attached... please edit your first post and add any info there (in appropriate boxes). When I try credentials already provided I got "counter" page but no administrator access.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks, Since there 3.2 is going to release, I will wait for the update and see if the problem still persist. I consider this issue as a minor issue or maybe program issue (not sure if you have tested on other multilingual site with similar problem?).

Anyway, I will close this ticket if you confirm this is my isolated problem. (means not program issue) Just don't want to waste resources from your team for debugging my site .. We are waiting for the new rocket version 3.2.... ^.^

I will wait for your final response before closing this issue.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Dreamonde Limited.

This is first report abut this issue... so It could be an isolated problem.
You can try to reinstall JomSocial or add a language overrides for those strings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamonde Limited
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Jomsocial Team,

I confirmed it's a browser specific problem, only with Mac version of Chrome. (the problem does not exist even using iOS Chrome) I've tested it also with Firefox and Safari still have no problem.

Actually I have deal with a similar issue with another Joomla Extension; the fixes from my other vendor for that extension is to detect browser and bypass something from the code (for Chrome). This is just for your information. See if you have resources, may also include Mac Chrome into your regression scope. Or you may special handle Chrome behavior in later release.

Thanks anyway.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Michał
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Dreamonde Limited.

Thank you kindly, I'll pass your report to our developers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamonde Limited
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński