Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Welcome Email problem

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Jomsocial Team,

I would like to report a bug and also ask some questions.

Questions
1) I've set [User > User managers > Options> Send Password = No] and the Jomsocial still sending user ID and PASSWORD to new registered users. Is it a bug or something that can be fixed soon? I want to have option that NOT to send password via email to my new members.
2) New members received 2 emails after registration (1) Welcome email (In Default language) (2) Activation email (In user language during the registration) . I want both email to be sent via the user language during the registration. How?

Bug report
- Inside the Customize Profile, FIELD_GENDER does not support multilingual due to invalid options. I read all the time "male" and "female" during the registration. After searching the code, I know both are not referring to the language file COM_COMMUNITY_MALE and COM_COMMUNITY_FEMALE; both value should read as "Male" instead of "male" (starting with small letter). I've change the field type from GENDER to SELECT, then you can see the problem.

You will read COM_COMMUNITY_MALE and Female. Strange... I fixed them both to COM_COMMUNITY_MALE and COM_COMMUNITY_FEMALE and the problem resolved. See if you can fix this in your next release. Thanks.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Question
1. Seems this is bug, we will report this
2. Sorry this is impossible, by default we will send 2 kind of emails, to ahcive this you need hack the code

Bug.
1. this bug will be fixed in 3.2

thank you

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Thanks for your quick reply. For point 2, I am okay to send 2 emails for registration. But can I have them in same language mechanism ?

Thanks.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ehm..what do you mean with "language mechanism"?

currently we send #1 email for the account information and #2 for the activation

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay, let me clarify this..

Default Site language: zh-TW
user view language: en-GB
** I have all language files translated probably

- User registered an account (viewing en-GB)
- User received 1st email in zh-TW language
- User received 2nd email in en-GB language

** since the user are viewing the website in en-GB (english user) , but received the 1st message in zh-TW ... (probably cannot read the email)

- I hope the email will be sent both in the user viewing language (not the site default language) en-GB for english visitor, zh-TW for Traditional Chinese visitor, etc.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Ehm make sense now.. I will try report this to our developer...

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński