Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Unable to Post Status Updates

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Am unable to post a status update on our site akankshajunction.com. When I enter text in the Status box and click "Share", nothing happens.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Praveen Advani.

Please check login credentials - I'm unable to login to your front end.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,

The credentials were correct. Guess you were trying to use the sitelock credentials to login to front-end. Please use the admin account credentials to login to frontend also, after you get past the sitelock screen and reach the home page.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Praveen Advani.

I see your home page when I enters.
The I tried both password. One gives me page reload with no info (admin credential), second gives me error :/

Could you unlock your web site for review?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,

I have unlocked the site. Please use the same credentials as the back-end for the front-end also.

Thank you
Best regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Praveen Advani.

I logged in to backeend but still no luck in frontend.

I diagnosed your website. There are a LOT of js errors and conflict. I tried to register... It doesn't work due to js errors.
I advise to hire a web developer to make a detailed site review for you and try to solve all conflicts:

www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Your site needs a overhaul...

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Dear Michal,

Thank you for the advice on hiring developers. We have an in house development team. The help I was looking out for, from your side was to identify the conflict that was preventing the status updates from appearing in the Activity Feed. Nevertheless, our internal Developers figured it out, using the same Firebug extension that you use. It was a conflict with the JFBConnect System plugin which was trying to post the Status update to the user's Facebook wall. Disabling the plugin resolves the issue.

Also, I am a little surprised that if you are able to login to the back-end with the Admin credentials, the same Super user account works in the front-end also. I guess you were trying to login to the front-end, using the Site-lock User id and Password (I had mentioned this clearly while providing the Site access credentials in the Private Message area).

Frankly, I have been a big Jomsocial fan for the past many years, bu am a little disappointed with the level of support over the past few months (guess this has something to do with the iJoomla re-branding?) Even my previous Support request on Group creation, after various rounds, was closed by our internal Developer - The problem in that case was a database table error (all that was required was to set the Error Reporting level to maximum and the PHP error message was self-explanatory - that a column name in a table was not found). Please see that previous thread, and you will understand what I'm trying to say.

Also, after that Post was closed by us internally, I expected at least a courtesy message from the Person handling that request. That too didn't happen. I understand you guys are busy, but a small courtesy message to a customer, goes a long way in building Customer Delight and Loyalty.

I do understand that our site uses quite a few extensions, but that's how industry strength, mission critical, complex applications are supposed to be. You guys have a great product in Jomsocial, and I think you should supplement it with great service.

I am my team believe that we are equal stakeholders in the success of this great product - Jomsocial. Jomsocial is an integral part of our overall Web Business strategy. Hence, as a responsible customer, I think it's our joint responsibility to strengthen the Jomsocial brand, and our duty to provide feedback. Therefore, am using the Escalate feature on this ticket. Hope you'll take it positively.

Thank you
Warm regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Praveen Advani.

With all respect, I tried all credentials that you provided us and posted result of that effort. Page was just reloaded... and login module asked for log in.

If I could not access your site at frontend to investigate issue where it occurs, then I post a overall diagnosis of problem. I think it's better than nothing...

I understand that you could feel disappointed - you expected a resolution of your issue not overall suggestion. Please understand that we take care for every issues that customers report. And if we have any difficulty with accessing customers site we report this - just like I did. And we could stuck in this: me - telling that I could not access site to investigate issue and you - saying that I should access it with no problem (as I accessed backend)... but in this way we'll go to no where.

So I'm sorry if our service disappointed you. We'll try to improve it.
Also ittle understanding, help and trust from users will be very appreciated :D

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński