Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Put users in unpublished multiprofile

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Daniel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi there,

we're setting up a community where most users will be of one multi-profile type, in this case graduates. We have about 4 or 5 other members who we need to be in a multi-profile group called mentors and a couple in a multi-profile group called admin.

We don't want anyone being able to sign up as a mentor or an admin though (they will be added via admin) so I've set those profile groups to be unpublished but this completely disables them whereas we want them to be published but not available from the front-end. Is this something that is possible? Don't mind hacking code / templates around, pretty confident with all that.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry this is impossible by default, once you publish the multi profile it will apprear on register and edit profile page, but if you disabled it that multi profile will disappear on register and edit profile page..

If you wanna hack this, this is possible but I cant help you too much because this is beyond our support.

To achive this you can hire the 3rd party dev www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński