Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problem with Profile Links

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lincoln
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi guys, I am having some issues with the profile links (in the Jomsocial toolbar) and when creating new Jomsocial menu items.

Problem:

The default Jomsocial toolbar works fine, for example when I click on the "Profile", it brings up the user profile page.

The problem starts when I try to create/publish a new Jomsocial profile link (edit profile, change picture, change video, privacy etc.), when clicking on the "Profile" parent link in the Jomsocial toolbar, the page no longer shows user profile page. Instead, it redirects to the first child link under the "Profile" parent link.

I have also tried to move the child links out into another menu, and the same thing occurs. If I move the items from the Jomsocial toolbar, the user profile page no longer shows and it redirects to the next available Jomsocial item in my new menu.

What I am trying to do is to have just the parent items showing in the default Jomsocial toolbar (ie. only Profile, Friends, Groups, Events, Activities etc) and no drop down menu. I then have the child links in another hidden menu so that all the links could be assembled into a "Settings" page. The parent link will work fine as long as I do not create/publish other Jomsocial links in other menu.

It seems the parent links will redirect to the child once I create or move the child links. Any ideas on how I can do away with the drop down menu and get around this issue?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Lincoln.

We are unable to reach your localhost :) please add working links in public net :)

Golden rule: there is one JomSocial toolbar menu with all links and menu type items. If you need a new menu item that also links to profile or any other JomSocial page use Menu alias and point to appropriate menu item in JomSocial toolbar.

Do not create new menu items that links to the same JomSocial page as JomSocial toolbar already has it.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanessa
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński