Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Blank Modal window when opening file in discussions

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Paul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
If I'm in a group and go to a discussion and click on a file their to either open or download it then I get a blank modal window first, then the Windows Open With/Save As dialogue box, then the modal window disappears...in FF

Chrome it's blank modal then it downloads automatically and disappears and in IE I get a blank modal window, then the open/save dialogue at the bottom....but the modal window just sits there...blank and meaningless!! In IE even if I cancel the download then the blank modal still just sits there!!

I'm not sure if this box is supposed to contain the open/save options, or if it's totally redundant and actually shouldn't be there at all!
If you login to the front end with my details and go to the group 'CI stearing team' then the majority of those discussions have files attached to them and you'll see what I mean.

Many thanks
Paul

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Paul,

That blank modal is not a problem, that is notice for prepartion download the file.. actually the blank modal will dissappear once the file start for downloading

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Paul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,
If it's a preparation then shouldn't it say something? Can it not just not appear at all because the user feedback that I'm getting is that having that blank modal window appear means something isn't working properly!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Paul,

I agree with you..I also thinking like that, I will report this to our developer.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

just a note this feature will be avaialble in 3.2

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński