Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Default Avatar changed to "old Green avatar" after 3.1.0.4 update

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas,

Okay, we have done some more debugging and found the following with regards to Avatar issue to jReviews as well:

* Broken avatars

JReviews is loading exactly the image that is stored in the database for this user screencast.com/t/hw4f1VHVVWwD and that image doesn't exist. It looks like a large number of our users have these missing watermark images screencast.com/t/yJgigEk4dfri

Can we clean up our user avatars so that they are not causing this as it is also an issue that occurred during on of the updates.

If this really need to be a new post then I'll create another, but in the meantime would you please help with this?

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Andrew

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

Simply you can login to frontend use super user account, go to that user who has this problem, then click Options->Remove Profile Picture

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This issue is back again after our update to 3.1.1.

We are getting the same Green Avatars instead of our custom male/female avatars.

I also noticed that when I look at the user.csv file to spot differences, the ones which have the wrong avatar are all in the 'watermarks' folder, working ones not.

Please help.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Need urgent help with this? Why is the dreaded green avatar back rather than our own custom avatar?

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I just check this and seems working fine

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas,

I fixed the incorrect ones as per your previous suggestion:

"Simply you can login to frontend use super user account, go to that user who has this problem, then click Options->Remove Profile Picture"

However, did you try to do a new registration? That is where it goes wrong.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I just registered to your web, and it not effected to the default avatar I think..

maybe is there any special steps for registration, which profile type should I choose? because there is lot of user types.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

very strange. It seems to have something to do with 'Watermarks': I also noticed that when I look at the user.csv file to spot differences, the ones which have the wrong avatar are all in the 'watermarks' folder, working ones not.

Did you have a look at the user.csv file (do an export and have a look). There are some strange inconsistencies in the file.

Also, have a look at the JomSocial Admin Backend, the Avatars are also incorrect and there are also some strange issues. see attached:

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi There,

Yeah this is strange, I need to know how to replicate this issue, if you know how to replicate it just let me know, so I can inspect this issue further.

Regarding the thumb in demographic, did you fix it? because I see on backend the thumb back to your own thumb

Thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński