Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

User Cannot Update About Me/Profile Details

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Joe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am beginning to evaluate JomSocial as a potential defacto community solution for my clients but continue to encounter many of the same usability issues and performance related issues that existed in earlier versions of the platform, which cause me to be significant resistant in recommending it to clients. In this latest issue, there seems to be no apparent way for a user to update their profile, specifically the About Me information in an intuitive manner.

Steps to Reproduce Issue after logging in:

1. Go to user profile

2. Click on About Me (there is no information in this area so I want to update it)

3. Click on Edit Profile

4. This is where the issue occurs. I see two buttons, Account Information with nothing under it but a Save button and a Account Details tab, which is where the user can update their username/password.

I'm thinking that there ought to be a field on the Account Information page where the user can update their About Me information but there is nothing of the sort here. So currently users are unable to update their About Me information in any way at all.

Any advice would be appreciated. Overall, the JomSocial environment still seems very buggy as it was in earlier versions, which is surprising with all of the new testing processes JomSocial has put into place. Can you please help me solve this?

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Joe.

Like you said, since version 3.0 we're executing a massive number of tests to make JomSocial the most bug free extesion ever, however in your case, the problem is not caused by "bug" but by simply by missconfiguration. The problem was happening because all custom profiles were disabled, so there was nothing to show in edit profile. I already enabled all fields, so the problem now is fixed.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Joe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for the thoughtful response and help, Chris. All of our JomSocial sites seem to be running pretty smoothly now and we seem to have overcome some of the challenges we were having last month. Again, we appreciate the great support and the attention to building a great platform. I'm still betting on JomSocial after having used it for the past five years and seeing the amazing progress. Good work and thanks again!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński