Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Textarea - number of characters allowed in field

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arthur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I appreciate all the help you guys provide but this issue was overlooked when I last asked about it and the topic closed without giving an answer.

I need to increase the number of allowed characters in the "About Me" field in the member profiles. It is currently limited to 200 characters and i need to make it unlimited but I can't find where to reset the field length. Please look at the attached image and you will see it is limited to too little information.

By using Firebug I can see the piece of script that controls the numer of characters but can't identify where it is in the program.

This is the piece of script I believe needs to be modified but I can't find it. I want to make the field accept a minimum of 1000 characters or better still make it unlimited.

<div class="cTabsContent">
<div id="basicSet" class="section" style="display: block;">
<form id="frmSaveProfile" class="cForm community-form-validate" autocomplete="off" method="POST" action="canowindrachallenge.org.au/index.php?opt...task=edit&Itemid=273" name="jsform-profile-edit">
<div class="ctitle">
<ul class="cFormList cFormHorizontal cResetList">
<li class="firstItem">
<label id="lblfield4" class="form-label" for="field4"> About me </label>
<div class="form-field">
<textarea id="field4" class="textarea jomNameTips tipRight" name="field4" original-title="Tell us more about yourself, For pilots,crew, officials and observers/target teams etc this will form a large part of your profile. DRAG BOTTOM RH CORNER TO RESIZE BOX">Chairman of Canowindra Challenge Incorporated the organisers of the Canowindra International Balloon Challenge and associated events. I moved to the Canowindra area from the NSW Central Coast after re</textarea>
<span id="errfield4msg" style="display:none;"> </span>
<script type="text/javascript">
cvalidate.setMaxLength("#field4", "200"); *********This setting I think need changing***************
</script>
<div class="form-privacy">
</div>
</li>
<li class="lastItem"

In looking at your Community Members Profile on your website i noted your field was set to 1000 characters.. This is a copy of the script from your website..

<div class="cLayout cProfile-Edit">
<ul class="cTabsMenu cResetList cFloatedList clearfix">
<div class="cTabsContent">
<div id="basicSet" class="section" style="display: block;">
<form id="frmSaveProfile" class="cForm community-form-validate" autocomplete="off" method="POST" action=" www.jomsocial.com/community/profile/edit " name="jsform-profile-edit">
<div class="ctitle">
<ul class="cFormList cFormHorizontal cResetList">
<li>
<li>
<li>
<label id="lblfield4" class="form-label" for="field4">
<div class="form-field">
<textarea id="field4" class="textarea required jomNameTips tipRight" name="field4" original-title="Tell us more about yourself"></textarea>
<span id="errfield4msg" style="display:none;"> </span>
<script type="text/javascript">
cvalidate.setMaxLength("#field4", "1000"); ***********NOTE this 1000, mine is 200************
</script>
<div class="form-privacy">
</div>
</li>

All ii need is direction on where to find this so I can modify it..

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Athur

have you tried the documentation :)
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Textarea_Field

Cheers

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arthur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for that, I looked but missed it, The instructions worked perfectly as expected
Thanks Again

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński