Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

disallow manual Activity Stream update

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Thomas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

is it possible that I disallow my users to update their activity stream. I dont want to use this feature, but I love the other features, so I don't want to switch to community builder or something like this.
In the activity stream I only want to display system generated messages (if the user create an event,...)

Regards,
Thomas

The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrizio
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Thomas

So you want basically to remove sharebox and only show streams that are generated on the fly using the script?
Its easy, but youll have to hack the templates a bit to remove sharebox.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Thomas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Correct. I think if I can delete the sharebox, everything would be ok. How can I remove it?
Can you send me the code and the name of the file?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Thomas

It should be pretty much to do it
Just add this line

#community-wrap .cStreamComposer {display:none;}
into any CSS file that is loaded on the page where you want to remove the sharebox
I suggest you adding that line to your main Joomla template CSS

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński