Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Text Area Size during profile edit

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arthur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In my custom profile area I have a text area field for "About Me". I need this to be unlimited size and display a large area for the members to include their details when editing their profile.
The area displays correctly when just viewing the the profile, the issue is only during edit
I have adjusted the size in the configuration area for this field but it still only shows a small area in the edit profile (see image).
I am using my site template and the default Jomsocial template. I have checked out the posts on the forum and the only one that refers to this issue assumes a different template

Attachment aboutmeimage.JPG not found

Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Arthur.

You can edit size of those fields by editing file /components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.dark.css look for divs "#community-wrap input, #community-wrap textarea, #community-wrap .uneditable-input" and your desired high and width.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arthur
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for that, if I edit the width & height as suggested it affects all the fields, I only want to adjust the text area field for "About Me".
Also the field is limited to X number of characters and I need this to be unlimited as some histories will be quite long
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arthur.

Unfortunately I don't know how to achieve that, probably you'll need some css/php developer for this task.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arthur
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I have resolved the visible size of the texarea box in the main template CSS however I can't find where to reset the feld length that is currently restricted to 200 characters.
This is the piece of script I believe needs to be modified but I can't find it. I want to make the field accept a minimum of 1000 characters or be unlimited.
<div class="cTabsContent">
<div id="basicSet" class="section" style="display: block;">
<form id="frmSaveProfile" class="cForm community-form-validate" autocomplete="off" method="POST" action=" canowindrachallenge.org.au/index.php?opt...task=edit&Itemid=273 " name="jsform-profile-edit">
<div class="ctitle">
<ul class="cFormList cFormHorizontal cResetList">
<li class="firstItem">
<label id="lblfield4" class="form-label" for="field4"> About me </label>
<div class="form-field">
<textarea id="field4" class="textarea jomNameTips tipRight" name="field4" original-title="Tell us more about yourself, For pilots,crew, officials and observers/target teams etc this will form a large part of your profile. DRAG BOTTOM RH CORNER TO RESIZE BOX">Chairman of Canowindra Challenge Incorporated the organisers of the Canowindra International Balloon Challenge and associated events. I moved to the Canowindra area from the NSW Central Coast after re</textarea>
<span id="errfield4msg" style="display:none;"> </span>
<script type="text/javascript">
cvalidate.setMaxLength("#field4", "200"); *******************This setting I think*********************
</script>
<div class="form-privacy">
</div>
</li>
<li class="lastItem"

This is from your own community page, please note the field length is 1000
<div class="cLayout cProfile-Edit">
<ul class="cTabsMenu cResetList cFloatedList clearfix">
<div class="cTabsContent">
<div id="basicSet" class="section" style="display: block;">
<form id="frmSaveProfile" class="cForm community-form-validate" autocomplete="off" method="POST" action=" www.jomsocial.com/community/profile/edit " name="jsform-profile-edit">
<div class="ctitle">
<ul class="cFormList cFormHorizontal cResetList">
<li>
<li>
<li>
<label id="lblfield4" class="form-label" for="field4">
<div class="form-field">
<textarea id="field4" class="textarea required jomNameTips tipRight" name="field4" original-title="Tell us more about yourself"></textarea>
<span id="errfield4msg" style="display:none;"> </span>
<script type="text/javascript">
cvalidate.setMaxLength("#field4", "1000"); *************************NOTE *************************
</script>
<div class="form-privacy">
</div>
</li>

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Great, thanks for sharing this with us. And since the problem is resolved then let me close and mark this thread as solved then, have a great day! and if you need our further help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński