Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial v3.1 style issue with friend requests

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Since v3.1 the friend request box that pops up is unusually small and in fact cuts off the text entry field:

Attachment jomsocial1_2013-12-20.JPG not found

You will notice that the text box is covered by the bottom border of the pop up box and you have to use the slider to see any more than a single line of text.

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Steve

Does this happens with default Joomla template too?

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Hi Steve

Does this happens with default Joomla template too?

Yes, it does. I have a test site ( www.karaokeamerica.info/index.php?option...frontpage&Itemid=257 ) that uses the Protostar template. Here is a screenshot of the friend request with JS_v3.0.X:

Attachment Capture_2013-12-22.JPG not found

Here is a screenshot of that same site after upgrading to JS_v3.1.0.1 and clearing the cache:

Attachment Capture2.JPG not found

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Steve

Can you please provide some access either to your dev or live site so i can actually check this out. I can not seem to replicate it on our demo sites, and while images are good to show the issue, they are not really helpful in debugging it.

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Hi Steve

Can you please provide some access either to your dev or live site so i can actually check this out. I can not seem to replicate it on our demo sites, and while images are good to show the issue, they are not really helpful in debugging it.

Thanks

Sinisa, I have added admin credentials to the original post. Please just remember that it is to my dev site at: www.karaokeamerica.info/administrator and not my live site that is registered. The forum would not let me change the domain.

Thank you!

10 years 4 months ago
  • Jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi, I have same problem, any solution? Thanks

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi guys

i have reported this issue to designers and waiting for the proper fix from them

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have an [unofficial] fix. I'm using this a stop-gap until the designers incorporate a proper fix.

I fixed this by editing the javascript file located at: ROOT\components\com_community\assets\script-1.2.min.js

On approximately line 225 (was line 225 for me…but that will vary on window size as this is a compressed JS file and all code is on one line), you'll see the following function defined:

connect:function(a){var b='jax.call("community", "friends,ajaxConnect", '+a+")";cWindowShow(b,"",450,100);}

The number pair at the end defines the dimensions of the pop-up box. I changed 100 to 295 (to match the vertical dimension of the "Send Message" pop-up). Works great now.

FYI, this is an even bigger issue when the user is not already logged in. If you're not logged in and you click the "Add as Friend" button, it makes you login first and tries to open the login window at those same unusable dimensions…it makes the site look broken when you can't even see half of the login window.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Josh

Thanks for the quick-fix, but sie of the window should really be calculated automatically, hence you may experience the other problems. 450,100 are just the default values, but for whatever reason, they are taken first.

Our designers are already assigned to this.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I there any way that we can get a code fix for this instead of waiting for a new update? Like Josh said, "It makes the site look broken.." When so much is incorporated into the cwindow system like it is it really makes it hard to navigate, often times, the most used features of Jomsocial.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Caleb Runnels wrote: I there any way that we can get a code fix for this instead of waiting for a new update? Like Josh said, "It makes the site look broken.." When so much is incorporated into the cwindow system like it is it really makes it hard to navigate, often times, the most used features of Jomsocial.

I agree with this sentiment. It's been over a month since I posted this and it is a HUGE issue on a site intended for social networking.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Caleb
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello guys

See attached

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Unzip and upload to
ROOT/components/com_community/assets
folder

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

It does look better on mine. Thank you!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Thats good to hear Steve

Youre welcome

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński