Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

why are vertical videos distorted and is there ay solution?

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

why are vertical videos distorted and is there ay solution?
seeexample in attachment

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I think Your problem is with video settings. You have a video size set to iPhone screen since uploaded videos are using a different dimensions. Please try experimenting with other settings as 480x??? or bigger. Thumbnail size is also way smaller, so may look blurred.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello thank you for the tip but it ssems not work while I set video settings to 800x??? and tried others too?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Please guide me to how upload a video so I'll be bale to upload mine and check the loss of the quality and try to help with that.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
Login on frontpage spicy-pictures.nl/ with username and password I gave you in access Admin/Mod
Then go on lijk spicy cafe
go to videos spicy-pictures.nl/spicycafe/videos
Klik on 'Voeg video toe'
(see screenshot)
pse remember its about vertical videos - not horzionatl as they work fine

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Thank You for that. I've done couple of test uploads using different options from "Video Quantizer Scale" setting and finally see no difference when using value 3 or higher. I think that's the most optimal to use. But of course You can talk with ffmpeg plugin developers how to rise the quality level even more.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Vertical movie looks ok now - thank you for that
Only the thumbnail / intro image is still disturbed (see screenshot) - any chance to fix that too?

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

For thumbnails there is only one quality option "Video Thumbnail Size". Depending from the size of the videos You will be uploading You should set it to biggest or smallest. For example if videos uploaded will be smaller than 640px than having a setting of 640px for thumbnail will force overresizing for such image and image will be blurred. I think having it like You have now, when videos are displayed 3 in one row, and the width of thumb is not bigger than 320px, using "320px x 180px" should be best option, but please test all 3 possible, to see which one will look best.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński