Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Pop-Up Private message notification > loading forever

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We have new Joomla installation with Joomla 3.8.5 with PayPlans latest version 3.6.3, Jomsocial 4.5.
We are currently in the setup and testing process before go-live.

We are facing an issue that the Pop-Up for Private message notification on Jomsocial toolbar is loading forever while the other menus are working as expected.

See screencast
drive.google.com/open?id=18_CGAXeTYw7Cnm08es-kQ1g8N2dYVtHJ

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It's very interesting because I cannot replicate on any of my copies of sites with jomsocial. Please send me an access to FTP, I'll have to make some test's on Your copy than. Will not make any permanent changes without notifying You first.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Ach, just saw the message about eXtplorer. Ok, it's gonna be painful, but I'll try to figure the problem out using that. Will let You know when I'll find something.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,
thanks a lot....appreciated.
It is interestingly only this pop-up ...the others are working all fine.
It by the way does not matter on whether there is a private message notification or not ....it is simply running forever.
The performance on the query for the contact requests is also very bad but at least after 5 seconds there is a result.
I tested this with Chrome as well as with Firefox and it is therefore independent from Browser.

Regards
Markus

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I've tried multiple things to narrow the problem down, but unfortunately no luck. I'm gonna ask programmers for help, will let You know as soon as I'll get a reply from them.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Just tried a thing suggested by programmers and disabled Solidres component. Everything works fine than also a speed load is is way faster than.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,
thanks a lot for the investigations and testing. This is very much appreciated.
Disabling one of the key components in our system to get the Jomsocial message notification pop-up to working is surely not a solution. It is maybe only proving that it is the cause of the issue.
But I am wondering where is the connection here from code point of view as Solidres is not at all connected to Jomsocial and its code / functionality. Solidres is independent component
and there is currently no single load on the system since we are still in setup phase and when you did run your tests, there was no other usage on the system and no one worked with Solidres which could have
introduced some general performance issues on the sytem with overall impact on the entire system.
So it would be interesting to know why only on this particular pop-up ....all other Jomsocial areas are working fine so far (apart from other Jomsocial isolated functional issues we have reported in the forum).

I have now done another test on a different Joomla installation where I am more flexible to play with different settings and components.
I have installed Jomsocial and Solidres and was able to reproduce the issue. I have one by one disabled plugins and modules from Solidres to understand which code is causing this issue and a conflict.
I was finally able to narrow down and found the plugin that is causing this issue,
It is the plugin-type 'user' > Solidres User .....there is somewhere in the code an issue that has an impact here on this particular message notification pop-up.
Maybe there is a conflict with the Jomsocial user type plugin.
It would be interesting to understand where the code is defined in Jomsocial that is used for the query for this message notification pop-up and then troubleshoot further where in the Solidres user plugin there is
code that is impacting this particular Jomsocial query that is running forever.
It is obvious that I would need to also raise a ticket with Solidres team also but need your support on this particular Jomsocial code. I would then forward the info to Solidres.

Thanks & Regards
Markus

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I'm not an expert if it comes to Solidres since it's not our product, but from what I know Solidres does changes to user's profiles by adding their custom fields. So my guess is that this is being triggered by a class name maybe and this is why it affects this particular popup. Of course it's just a guess, I do not know what Solidres does in this case exactly. Probably would be best to ask Solidres support about it.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,
sure, I will address this case to Solidres and ask for their support.
What I would need from you is where I can find the code in Jomsocial that is used for the query for this message notification pop-up on the Jomsial toolbar. I can then take this information and inform Solidres so that they can then troubleshoot further and to work on a fix.
Thanks

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Sure thing. The code for this part can be found in:

/assets/source/js/api.js
/assets/source/js/utils/dropdown.js
/assets/source/js/views/toolbar.js
/templates/jomsocial/layouts/toolbar/base.php

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński