Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Different fields at registration screen

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello, I am using Jomsocial 4.5, PayPlan and Jomsocial Profile Type.

I have different subscription plans in PayPlan and custom profile type in JS and JSPT. Those plans are people / company

So, you can subscribe as a company or as a simple person. Depending your subscription type, you have certain custom fields to fill. All of them are setted in JS and JSPT (required or not, visible or not, ...)

On the registration field, the first default screen ask for "First name", "Last name", "Username", "password" and "email". This is perfect when a "people subscribe as it is using lastname and firstname as user's name.
But it is a problem for a company as I would like that a company register with a specific screen containing "Company name", "Username", "password" and "email", where "Company name" will be used as "user's name" instead of "lastname" and first name" of the "People" custom field.

How could I achieve that to work. Itried several way with the different components but none of them give the expected result?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

For sure it cannot be done with a default option available right now. Either Joomla User component or JS extension to it cannot use 2 versions of register form. I would advice to create one form instead with all the fields for both registration, than write a javascript which will be hiding/renaming fields depending from which location user came to this form (I mean if he selected to register as user or company).

I believe doing a similar thing thanks to RSForm, but since it isn't our produce I cannot explain any further. You would need to talk to RS support to get some more ideas.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński