Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Sharing of documents (PDF, PowerPoint etc.) to JomSocial communities or public

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I'm a developer who is proposing a JomSocial+Joomla+Moodle based solution against a Mahara+Moodle based solution. I have everything covered except for the sharing of documents such as PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoints files from within JomSocial to the general public respectively JomSocial community members. I though of using DocMan but the question is how to integrate DocMan with JomSocial. Or maybe you have a better solution.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
In Jomsocial you can share the File using Message to each other. Open the message box > attache file and send.
Regarding the Docman I am not sure if there is a plugin from them to provide integration as I have not found much information on their site regarding this. Seems they don't offer integration with Jomsocial.
You may need to build a plugin to provide integration from a 3rd party extension.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Winkler
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

I'm thinking more of the kind of document sharing to the way Jomsocial shares videos and images. If you want Jomsocial to play in the same league as the likes of Mahara, you need to provide the user created communities similar functionality. It is all about users creating portfolios and - even more important - users adding all sorts of files, not only images and videos like in Facebook, but also documents such as PDF and PowerPoints, more like in a LinkedIn.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,
Currently, this feature is present via Messages in the Jomsocial. I will share your feedback with the development team for a further discussion on this request( for future roadmap) .

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński