The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Comments on stream

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi!
I have a question regarding the comment function on the stream.
1) I add something to my Status. This is on the stream as expected and I can add a Comment too
2) I add a photo to my Status. This photo on the stream as a shared photo and I can add a Comment too.
3) I add an external Video to my status. This video is on the stream as an shared video and I can add a Comment too.
4) I want to a add one of my own videos to my status by uploading it. When the conversion is done the uploaded video appears only on JS Videos pages and not on the stream. To make this video visible on the stream you have to mark it as a featured video. Still you cannot add comments to this video on the stream. Comments are only possible on the JS Videos- page.
5) I add an Event to my Status. The new event is shown OK on the Stream, but cannot be commented here. To comment the event, you have to go to the Event-page
6) I want to add a Custom - Both Predefined and Custom - message to the stream. This new massage is shown OK on the stream. But again, it is not possible til add a comment to this massage.

It would be really nice to have the possibility to add comments to all new and all kind of posts on the stream.

Please have a look at my attached screen dump

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

An ability to comment should be available for any source from wall. Please tell me Your site's url and joomla panel access so I'll be able to see what can be wrong.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans Uwe
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr!
Thanks for your answer.
In connection with some video problems I have set up a account at my website for you colleague Pankaj Sharma. Would you please use the same credentials, which I have added below.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I think the problem was in global settings where commenting was available for friends only. Disabling that option should provide an ability to comment under any type of the entry. At least I can see comments box under almost all of them on the wall. Please check.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński