Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Pending video do not get converted

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have installed JomSocial 4.5.1_Beta on my site. I have ffmpeg and cron in place and I can upload video-files in mp4 format. The upload works fine and puts the video with a dummy name ind the folder for jomsocial videos: /origianlvideos/user-nr/filenam.mp4.
When the upload is finished I get a message on the screen about recieving a message, when the conversion is done and the new video ready for viewieng.
When i run the cron-job manually or click on the Execute Crone-button in the backend Montior->Mail Queue i get the following message: Could not convert videoNo temporary videos to delete...
On the frontend I can find the newly uploaded video under "pending videos"
When I run the ffmpeg-command from the cli, the video gets converted but it keeps beeind pending.
My ffmpeg command looks like this:
/opt/Qffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -y -i /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web/images/jomsocial-video/originalvideos/872/huszHMGIoPU.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -ab 64k -strict -2 -crf 23 -s 480x360 /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web/images/jomsocial-video/videos/872/huszHMGIoPU.mp4

I have visit your demo and changed the setting, som it is possible to upload local videos. Here I find exactly the same problem as on my own site.

There is no problem in using the video-function when linking to e.g. YouTube. But the crucial reason for me to use JomSocial is to have my data on my own server and not with YouTube etc.

Any hint would be appreciated.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Normally to load video from the server you need to have FFMPEG installed on your server and configured cron job.
Without cron job, a video will pending and won't be converted.
FFMPEG also should be in one of latest versions. The conversion won't work with outdated FFMPEG library. trying to play unconverted video will result in the error you experience.
If its still same kindly provide a temp access:
1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have added a txt file with info regarding access to my site to my first post.

Thank You

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Kindly edit the first post and remove the attachment as its public and anyone can access it.
Also, submit the site details with FTP account details.

Regarding Video from server please check FFMPEG installed on your server and configured cron job.
Without cron job, a video will pending and won't be converted. FFMPEG also should be in one of latest versions.
If cronjob not working properly video would not load and file type (FFMPEG ) is also important.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans Uwe
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Pankaj!
What is happening with my questions?

Would you please remove my attachment from my post, which i cannot do myself. Every time I try to do so, a click on the button just gives me the possibility to attach another file.

Maybe you could delete the whole post #184935 and let med start a new one.
Thank you so much.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hans Uwe wrote: Hi Pankaj!
What is happening with my questions?

Would you please remove my attachment from my post, which i cannot do myself. Every time I try to do so, a click on the button just gives me the possibility to attach another file.

Maybe you could delete the whole post #184935 and let med start a new one.
Thank you so much.

Hi again!
By going through my setup very carefully I found my mistake. In the Video Settings one has to add ffmpeg to the path, where the program is located on the server. I saw this, when I looke at your description of the setup for a windows machine.
So no everything i working fine.
Still I would be very happy, if you could delete my attached file in this post. Tanks again.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
Glad to hear the issue is fixed.
I also removed your attachment from the first post.
For future question kindly add information only for staff/Mods.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans Uwe
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński